- Powered by Google Translate.
- The Intercostobrachial Nerve(ICBN) -What is it and Why Can’t Breast Cancer Surgeons Deal Better With It? – and What Can You Do With It After. on
- Fibromyalgia(FM) – Quetiapine XR (Seroquel) Reduces Pain Similar to Others and Reduces Depression – But Drowsiness High on
- Chronic Back Pain Help – Forgotten B12 Injections and What Else Good For… on
- Bruxism – How do You Treat 2015 Besides Splints on
- New Effective Treatment for Intractable Sore Mouth Mucositis on
Category Archives: TMJ
I had always thought injecting the TMJ laterally in upward direction would be best. A posterior approach was found more effective in the swine equivalent.
Stimulating the primary motor cortex representation of masseter muscle “bilaterally for 20 min per side each day for 5 consecutive days” significantly reduced bruxism and opened up a new avenue of treatment.
Review on Bruxism Rx suggests splints, particularly mandibular advancement splints, clonidine or clonazepam, maybe botulinum, and nocturnal clenching biofeedback.
Widespread Pain and Dizzy – Ear Canalithiasis? (rocks) and Repositioning Them Helps Whiplash, TMJ, and Fibromylagia
Study suggests dizzy whiplash and widespread pain cases could respond well to middle ear grit repositioning measure. This is being able to see way outside the box…
Electrically stimulating a masster muscle should pulse go over 110% during night helps suppress bruxism.
Subjects with TMJ were asked to chew almonds to see how a splint worked – 16/20 chewed on affected side leading author to dub it the “Habitual Chewing Side Syndrome”
This was a large Canadian study and results demonstrated “this association remained significant after controlling for sociodemographics and any lifetime anxiety or mood disorder.” If smokers back pain dropped to normal after quitting, this would result in a 33% improvement. … Continue reading
Study finds in cases that meet the criteria for actual osteoarthritis in TMJ responded equally as well to Diclofenac and splint althought the former worked faster