A vegetarian who develop Sjogren’s has zerostoma and sicca treated with B12 and Vit D without effect for 1 year. Adding bovine clostrium Lactobin improved things gradually.
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2018 Jan;56(1):24-27.
Polyvalent immunoglobulins with vitamin D3 and vitamin B12 in the treatment of Sjogren’s syndrome in a vegetarian with stomatitis, glossodynia, xerostomia, and elevated antinuclear antibodies: Case report .
Cuny C et al
- classic case of Sjogren’s with ANA, and salivary gland biopsy positive
- Because he was a vegetarian he had low b12 and Vit D gradually rectified
- after 12 months had xerostomia (dry mouth), glossitis, and glossodynia ( dry tongue issues)
- Took bovine clostrium (Lactobin®N, 7 g daily) along wiht vitamin d 200u
- symptoms then gradually faded.