“16 units of incobotulinumtoxinA (100 units diluted in 2 mL of saline), 4 units into each side of the lower lip and 4 units into each anterolateral side of the tongue” – “The beneficial effects lasted up to 16 weeks after injection in all but 1 patient, in whom they lasted up to 20 weeks.”
Ann Intern Med. 2017 Apr 11. doi: 10.7326/L16-0451. [Epub ahead of print]
Botulinum Toxin for Burning Mouth Syndrome.
Restivo DA, Lauria G, Marchese-Ragona R, Vigneri R.
- 4 patients (3 women and 1 man)
- 67 to 76 years,
- 3 had diabetes
- burning in anterior two thirds of the tongue and the lower lip
- incobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin – using more of – does not need refrigeration and bit cheaper) 100 units in 2 mls
- 4 units into each side of the lower lip and 4 units into each anterolateral side of the tongue
- all better for 16-20 weeks
technique: – I’ve included pics because this info is just too important: