A new canadian university study finds 86% of mobile device users have musculosketal issues.
Appl Ergon. 2010 Sep 10. [Epub ahead of print]
Musculoskeletal symptoms among mobile hand-held device users and their relationship to device use: A preliminary study in a Canadian university population.
Berolo S, Wells RP, Amick BC 3rd.
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada. abstract here
- Survey of hand held devices
- “Most participants (84%) reported pain in at least one body part.”
- Worst was base right thumb – 2.21 times more likely
- Shoulder issues 2.55 times as likely
- Neck 2.72 times as likely
Comment – Obviously no one thought it out well when they made these devices in the first place…