50% reduction of pain was reported in about 1/2 of post shoulder and knee arthroplasty pain cases with Botox injections. This was sustained by repeated injections.
Br J Med Med Res. 2014 Jan;4(1).
Efficacy of Long-term Effect and Repeat Intraarticular Botulinum toxin in Patients with Painful Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Retrospective Study.
(can download article from there)
- moderate to severe refractory prosthetic joint pain
- ruled out implant infection, loosening or any surgically explainable cause of pain
- used 100 – 300 u Botox in 5 mls saline
- Confirmed joint penetration by ability to aspirate joint fluid
- average 3 shots
- if failed at 100 units worked up to 200-300
- average 3 injections over average 1 year followup.
- at 3 -4 months after injection, 57% patients reported 50% reduction in daytime pain
Comment – that, combine with work on retinaculum and muscles, should deal with post knee issues. Have not seen failed shoulder arthropjasty recently. nike air max soldes pas cher nike air max soldes pas cher