Let me first apologize to those with good books I have not mentioned. Please let me know and I will add them to the list:
WOMEN WITH FIBROMYAGLIA!
NEED HELP WITH SURVEY. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY
General Self Help:
- Managing Pain Before It Manages you Margatet A. Caudill, Guilford Press – seems a very popular book
- Pain Management for Older Adults; a Self-Help Guide; Thomas & Heather Hadjistavropoulos, IASP Press 2008 – Very easy to follow and to the point; an excellent book for anyone in pain – authors from Regina! – I got my copy from the University of Regina Bookstore.
- The Pain Survival Guide; How to Reclaim Your Life; Dennis C. Turk & Frits Winter; APA Lifetools, 2006-from one of the fathers of the biopsychosocial model of chronic pain.
Emphasis on Mindfulness meditation approaches to chronic pain:
- The Mindfulness Solution to Pain: Step-by-Step Techniques for Chronic Pain Management; Jackie Gardner-Nix; New Harbinger Publications Inc 2009 – New book on mindfulness for chronic pain
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using The Wisdom Of Your Body And Mind To Face Stress, Pain, And Illness Jon Kabat-zinn, Dell Publishing 1990 – the original book for mindfulness in chronic pain
Living Beyond Your Pain Joanne Dahl & Tobias Lundgren; New Harbinger Publications 2006 – workbook deals with acceptance of pain as a necessity for moving forward
amazon.ca link amazon.com link chapters link
There are many more more specific to Fibromyalgia and so on I hope to add later..