Recent article found morning fatigue seem more related to biological factors, and evening fatigue more by “behavioural” factors.
Cancer Nurs. 2010 Mar 30. [Epub ahead of print]
Trajectories of Fatigue in Patients With Breast Cancer Before, During, and After
Dhruva A, Dodd M, Paul SM, Cooper BA, Lee K, West C, Aouizerat BE, Swift PS, Wara
W, Miaskowski C. abstract here
- Evening fatigue affected by children at home and depression.
- Morning fatigue affected by number of other medical problems, stage of breast cancer, younger age, lower body mass index, pain, sleep issues, and trait anxiety
- There is considerable intraindividual variability.
- sleep, pain, and children issues do seem to be important factors.
- Learning to relax – mindfulness meditation is getting big for that
- Dealing with depression – (Venlafaxine/Pristiq and Cymbalta are dual action ones – for pain & headaches and depression)