April 9, 2017 at 3:30 am #5548
I had this posted today:
I have chronic back & hip pain,I take opioid drugs to help to try & control my unlivable pain.i have seen Dr Lang in Regina waiting for a pain pump for over a year.I might as well give up and die all I can do is sleep which is caused by pain pills,Have no life!!i had back surgery,lower vertebrae to my mid section & causing more pain ( another pinched nerve)?? I’ve had a hip replacement.nothing but pain THIS IS REAL!!!Drugs don’t fix the problem ,cover up the problem and get more n more n more pills.Then more pills for the next problem,I asked my general practioner,what she could do for me her exact answer WRITE PRESCRIPTIONS!!!thats all they do .I NEED this pain pump so I can have a little bit of life that I may have left.I get so depressed.Someone Please Help Us . goldgoosepascher goldgoosepascher
April 9, 2017 at 4:24 am #5550
- This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by admin.
Problems as I see it:(many approaches require injections and with an artificial hip you would need antibiotic cover of pills taken 1 hour before procedure
1) post laminectomy syndrome pain
Dr. Lang can give you steroid epidural shots
I would suggest midazolam caudals as well:
Confirmed – Intrathecal (Spinal) Midazolam Gives 1-3 Months Relief in Chronic and Failed Back Pain
2) Hip Iliac crest pains – People with hip replacements tend to hike up the wing of their hip and thrust it forward – this drags their lower ribs to under wing of hip and make it rub their. Ribs also get crowded and rub on one another
– this creates nerve level hip flank pains – bad pain -injections with steroid by ribs will cool down the nerve pain and then injections into iliac crest quadratus lumborum insertion with 5% lidocaine will gradually release the ribs if worked on at same time.
3) High up back pain – the ribs come from a higher area called the thoracolumbar area. – this level needs work with manipulation and postural release. I inject with prolotherapy using dilute aqueous testosterone as well
4) Cluneal nerves – nerves coming from thoracolumbar levels will become sensitive especially where they cross iliac crest
Injecting the nerves every cm with dilute sugar water D5W can gradually soothe this skin nerve sensitivity
Remarkable New Treatment – Injecting Over Tenderized Skin Nerves With Plain 5% Dextrose
5) Gluteal knots everything in the region of these problems will become tender including all the gluteal muscles – injection into them and muscle work can gradually settle them
6) Piriformis – deep low gluteal is the piriformis muscle (cross your bad leg over other sitting and them bend forward – you can feel it). The sciatic nerve goes under or through it and it can cause nerve level pain. Botox can give some results. This requires a lot of work otherwise. Dropping knee down over edge of bed while on tummy might relax it if position is right.
7) Your whole body is not sensitized to experience pain – I have accumulated some measure to help with pain:
Reaching “Critical Mass” to Achieving Pain Control – Procedure Pearls
Easy helps include high dose vit D, near daily B12 shots, low dose testosterone gel, and maybe herbal called Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA).
8) Ketamine – For people with pain and depression out of control I have done a study on the use of Ketamine 10 mg x 2 or 3 doses each IM deltoid every 15 minutes. (I am presenting a poster at Canadian Pain Society in May). It helps bring pain and mood under control for 2-3 days at a time so patients came in perhaps twice weekly and had them.
Simulating Ketamine Infusions with Repeated Detoid Muscle Injections
9) there are some new experimental approaches that I haven’t work out yet.
10) depression – pain will make the depression bad and meds for that are essential. Those that don’t respond might do better with transcranial magnetic stimulation treatments – there are few Psychiatrist in Regina using it. michael kors site officiel michael kors site officiel
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.